MidasPlus is often seen as a 'last resort'. We usually support individuals or community groups who demonstrate a need that cannot be fulfilled elsewhere.
We support individuals and community groups in North Surrey and South Middlesex and surrounding areas (West Berkshire) with particular emphasis on people from:
Addlestone, Ascot, Ashford (Middx), Chertsey, Cobham, Egham, Feltham, Heathrow, Hounslow, Isleworth, Shepperton, Staines-upon-Thames, Stanwell, Sunbury-on-Thames, Twickenham, West Drayton, Windsor and Wraysbury.
We will also consider projects being carried out by other charities and help them organise fundraising events and activities. However, we do not donate towards running/ongoing costs.
Please return the application form with any supporting material to:
20 Island Close
Examples of causes that we have supported include:
The gift of a fully powered wheelchair can give even a severely disabled person a freedom and independence that we able-bodied take so much for granted; it's life-changing for them and their carers. They cost up to £5000 each and in the last 2 years, we've donated 5 fully powered wheelchairs to local disabled people.
- Taking over 50 adults with severe disabilities & special needs on a week's holiday to Weymouth or the Isle of Wight is an incredible undertaking for the many wonderful volunteers who are involved; just buying them an ice-cream each day costs £100! MidasPlus undertakes to raise 50% of the total £15,000 that it costs The Penrose Club.
- Lindon Bennett is an amazing school for primary age children with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties as well as severe physical disabilities. Just getting a child ready for the hydro pool can be a heavy and time consuming task. Midasplus have this year donated a shower bed to the school; it makes a huge difference.
- Carpeting for a very hard-up young mum with twins just at the crawling stage.
- A new bath and toilet for an elderly man struggling to look after himself.
- A phone line for an elderly infirm couple.
- Renovating a hairdressing facility at an old people's sheltered accommodation.
- Making a garden safe for a family with a young daughter afflicted with severe down's syndrome and hyper-activity.
- Fencing for Heathrow farm who give disable people riding lessons.
- 2 new mobility scooters to Staines Shopmobility.