Also we really need some help even if just for a few hours a month
MidasPlus is a local registered charity based in Staines-upon-Thames, set up by local people to help local people in need. We raise and distribute funds to community groups and individuals who have nowhere else to turn. We are often their last resort!
Since first established in 2005, MidasPlus has distributed more than £200,000 to worthwhile causes. All the work we do is on a voluntary basis, nobody is paid – all the money raised goes directly to those in need.
These have included:
- Several fully powered wheelchairs for individuals. (Sharon Maloney pictured in her wheelchair).
- A shower bed for the Lindon Bennett School for children with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties as well as severe physical disabilities
- A specially designed bicycle for a boy with cerebral palsy
- New carpet for a single mother with twins
- A new bath and toilet for an elderly man living independently
- Fencing for a farm near Heathrow who give riding lessons for the disabled
- 2 new mobility scooters for Staines Shopmobility
- Making a garden safe for a young girl with severe Down's Syndrome and hyper-activity
- A donation towards an annual holiday for 50 adults with severe disabilities & special needs
- Funding of a new shower room for the White Lodge Centre
- Carpeting for a flood victim
- A donation towards a Christmas party for seriuosly ill children
- A cooker & washing machine for a lady with mental health issues, in severe financial hardship
Read more about these gifts and how to apply for funding in the Who We Support section.
MidasPlus evolved in two ways. From King Midas who was said to be able to turn all that he touched into gold and the area that we cover South Middlesex and North Surrey plus surrounding areas (East Berkshire). The map to the right gives a good perspective of the area in which we operate, although our main focus is in Spelthorne & Runnymede.
MidasPlus raises most of its funds through local fundraising events and activities. These have included persuading local restaurants and hotels to hold dinners and karaoke evenings, Elvis nights, an annual Valentine Ball, RAF concerts, Golf Days, bucket collections and duck races.
IF YOU CAN HELP US, CALL MIKE ON 0780 370 6440 OR EMAIL email@example.com